Hey Everyone ,
As I sit and ponder what to blog about and what to have for a blog title the question popped in my head. IS your cup half full or half empty? So many times we will sit and complain about the things we don't have or the things we wish we had, a better computer.lol thats me as mine has been given me trouble, a nicer car a bigger house the best name brand clothes and the list goes on. we complain rather then being greatful for what we do have. God has blessed each one of us with different gifts we are all created in his likeness and image and we are all perfectly and wonderfully made. Living here in Jaco has made me more and more gratful for the things God has blessed me with and for the family and friends in my life. When God made each one of us he new who we needed in our lifes and he new the perfect family. we may sit and wonder but what about the unfortunate kids with disfunctional families what about them well when God made those families and placed the kids in them they were perfect but sin and temptation and selffishness and pride rose up and this is where at risk kids came into the world. When God created the world and place Adam and Eve in it he looked and it and said it is good, but they choose not to rely fully on God and even though he told them do not eat of the tree they fell into temptation and choose to listen to the serpent rather then to follow the words of the almighty creator they thought they new better and in the end this is where suffering and pain and poverty came in all because one mand and one woman chose to not rely on God this is why relying on God is so immportant and when we choose not to evil prospers .Another questions that I had to ask myself why are the the easiest things in life so hard to do like surrendering all to God once you do it everything is so much easier yea not to say hard times don't come but when we let God be the center everything is life is easier so why do we hold on to thinks for so long and fight so hard for our right when giving it to God is the best way ,this is another way we are not fully relying on God we think we can hadle the situation better then God we think we know best. Just some food for thought .Ok on to somethings that have been happing here in Jaco Costa Rica On Thursday Morning as I was sitting outside enjoying the beatiful morning checking Facebook and hanging out with a friend something happened not real sure how but all i know is I ended up falling out of the hammock and hitting my head on the gravel that was behind me at the time I only was thinking about my laptop and hoping I didn't break it as I handed my laptop to my friend , I instnatly realized I had a headache and that it had come on way to fast for normal, which led me to only think it was one thing, my brother had been hit in the head twice and my sister and little brother and the end result was the same . After talking to friends here that have also had a few and looking up the symptoms and talking to my mom yes I quickly realized that is what had happen I had a concussion :( and i didn't even have a crazy exciting story to tell how I got it or anything I fell on my head .lol well that made my weekend so not exciting I spent the weekend laying around the whole time except for a few short trips to town I am now on day 6 of this headache and hoping it leaves soon ready to be back to normal but also trying to glory in my tribulations it's been a rough time but God is getting me through it. Everything else is going great I started at a preschool today which was fun working with the little kids and also stretching my spanish. All the relationships I am making continue to grow and get stronger and it is awesome to see the youth open up. Growing to youth group abd Church is such a blessing meeting all the amazing people here that even if I don't remember their names they remember mine. :) we have such an awesome community of christian people here God is truly growing Jaco in what he wants it to be and it is amazing to watch . A little bit of culture and climate shock yesterday As I go in the store really quick and see all the cashiers wearing christmas hats yup I am in for a huge shock as all the holidays come up but I am in the perfect place right where God wants me and for that I am so gratefull . Thank you everyone for your prayers they are greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment