Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Crazy life I choose to live wouldn't change it for anything !

Hey Everyone , I am sorry it has been so long since I have updated so much has happened that I will try to update all about it with out boring anyone out .lol First off one of the main reasons for my lack of updates is that we have been out of internet for going on 3 weeks so every time I am somewhere to use internet I forget I need to blog or I don’t have enough time to do it . I live a crazy life here in Jaco sometimes I feel I would forget my own head if it wasn’t attached to me . I never know from the minute I wake up to the time I go to bed what my day will look like yes I help out at a preschool in the morning but still I don’t know what that will even look like and I help the Freemans but still with these things the day is never sure . it’s all about being flexible and just going with the flow . And never does one day look the same as the day before . Life here is Jaco is a different life then I have ever lived but yet I wouldn’t choose anywhere else to live Jaco needs the love of Jesus to shine through with so many hurting people we always need to be aware of our surroundings and have our prayer guard on at all times Drugs ,poverty ,homelessness, prostitution and teen parents and children raising themselve and hopelessness are just a few of the many problems that Jaco is faced with everyday, this is the issues we are faced with and have to deal with on a daily bases ,this is why we need so much prayer and can’t do this alone. God is moving here in Jaco as we are servants for him fighting to bring a change to the lives of the children we want to change Jaco one child at a time, I am so blessed as I watch the youth attending church and youth group every week even though their parents never do they are willing to be sold out for Christ even if it means getting mocked or judged by there parents or parent every week they are willing to do it all for Christ which makes me ashamed to think of how many times I have not wanted to go to church just because I don’t feel like it and I don’t even have anyone judging me . God has truly been changing me more and more for him since coming here and just realizing how much pressure there is here and so much darkness all around . What this place needs is more Love and the light of Jesus Christ to flow through and that is our goal here at La Ola Jaco as we minister to the kids and youth that come to the ramp everyday we want to place a smile on there face and just let them know just how much worth they have and let them know they are loved just the way they are. These kids have had to learn to take care of themselves they have had to harden themselves in ways we never have had to just so the pain doesn’t hurt them so ,much the pain of not having parents that love them the pain of never knowing what is like to be a little kid having to grow up right away and sometimes to raise there younger sibling. Loosing their innocents at a very young age with so many temptations and know one to teach them what’s right and wrong it’s no wonder why so many fall into temptations. A little bit of what has been going on Wed the 9th was my birthday spending it here in this beautiful tropical country of Costa Rica was a dream come true after growing up in Wisconsin and having snow on my birthdays most years and again this year as my mom writes me to wish me a happy birthday and says it’s snowing ,I was blessed by my friends here as they took me out for lunch to Pizza hut and then as we ran the ramp in the afternoon God has placed so many awesome people in my life ,On Sat the 12th we had a big party here with the whole youth group and a bunch of others it was a blessing and so much fun we had a pinata and having one with all teens was an absolute blast. I am just so thankful that God has brought me here and that he is and will continue to bless my time here as it has almost been 2 moths since moving here to Jaco which will make for a total of 5 months living here in Costa Rica it has been a great time learning to fully rely on God more and more everyday and learning to trust him in all things he truly has been my strong tower, as this is a tough place I love ever minute of it . Some prayer request would be health as it is very damp here which creates a lot of mold that has given me this cough for the past month , finances to continue to live here and serve Christ . My relationship with Christ that it would grow stronger, for my Spanish that it would continue to get better so I can communicate better with all my friends and the people we minister to . Prayers for all the issues Jaco faces . Thank you so much for all your prayers as I can feel them without them I couldn’t do this none of us could please pray for our team as we all need them . God Bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment