Hey Everyone,
Here is just a really quick thought I was reading one of my friends statuses today and she was posing some everyday thoughts. They really got me thinking so I decided to blog my thoughts down. Here goes we all have done it complained because we have to do another sink load of dishes, "I just did them last night" we might say. Or "I have to clean the house again? Why can't it stay clean?". I get so tired of having to do this everyday or some times we feel we clean all day and at the end of the day it looks like we didn't do anything all day. lol We all have had those times. Recently in Novemember while living in Jaco I offered to help a friend clean and organize her house. It was a bigger job then either one of us had bargained for but after the 2 days of completly dumping room after room into the middle of the floor and getting rid of bags and boxes of things that weren't useful to them anymore. The reward was so great the house looked beautiful and totally new we were exhausted but it was a satifactory tired we both sat down at the end of the second day and just smiled we had had so much fun getting rid of stuff and cleaning up so we could see the beautiful place that it actually was . The thing that came up time after time was "wow we have alot of stuff " Do I really need to keep books from my school I did in 1999? " I was like "if you haven't looked at it in the past 12 years chances are you never will" so if something was hard for her to part with I just took it from her hand and did the dirty work from her throwing away cute papers from her kids yes they were adorable but they were just laying around . Sometimes in life we need someone to come in and show us what to get rid of, to do the dirty work. It's not always easy but in the end it so awesome. Getting rid of the junk that fills up our lives so many times. Junk that clogs us up so we can't see the pretty things and enjoy the whole picture because all the junk is in the way. It's the same as in our personal life we have to stop and let Jesus clean and organize it let him get rid of all the junk so we can freely live in peace and be able to see his beautiful creation without having to look through dirty windows persay. The point of this blog is lets be thankful that we have to clean because that means we are blessed and have a roof over our head, out of the rain ,snow and heat, Lets be thankful we have to wash another load of dirty dishes because that means we just enjoyed another meal. Lets be thankful for what we have because that means we are blessed and that someone cares for us. Next time we think about complaining about having to go to work again lets remember that there are people out there that would do anything to have a job but unfortanantly there just isn't anything available. Nexts Time we feel like complaining about anything lets remember to be thankful for everything we have because it was given to us for a reason and by someone who cares for us.
Aimee, that just totally gave me goosebumps!! such good thoughts!!! You helped me so much those two days, it was amazing. I couldn´t have done it without you - especially those hard parts you pointed out here. And looking back, it was profound and there are a lot of spiritual applications to the work we did. Thank you for pointing that out. And for pointing the way to thankfulness, which is what will give us so much joy in life.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great way to think about cleaning! Thanks for that new perspective. I've been cleaning out my room lately, and this helps me put a more positive outlook on the whole process. :)
ReplyDelete