Saturday, September 10, 2011

week 10

Another week has come and gone already I can't believe it but I am now blogging about week  10 . This week was a bit different then most weeks with having four different topics in the same week it makes for a very full week. On Monday Leslie Freeman spoke on Children with disabilities and how they are just as important and any one of us and how God just made them special. :) On Tuesday She also spoke on Attatchment disorder and gave some examples of what causes it and showed us some videos of children who are not attached and explained how critical it is for attachment to start at the dy of birth and also explained that it is never to late to attach it just might take longer . On Wed we had Jill Aspegren come from Casa Viva which is a ministery here in San Jose Costa Rica  working with children in foster care . She shared her and her husbands story of how they got into this ministery . Thursday morning we had Worship and prayer with the Dts and Chove spoke, it was super awesome to watch as God moved in everyones heart .We serve an amazing God who's unfailing love is amazing and can't be expressed in words alone he gives us more then we deserve he died on the cross so we could have life he was willing to come down from heaven to earth  and give his life for us sinners he loved us while we were still sinners people this is what I call true love I am only beggining to truly understand what this means Christ has been so amazing in my life and I can not keep silent about it anymore .So this week was an eventful week alot of topics packed into 4 days . Ok as I have been saying for the past few weeks I am heading to Jaco Costa Rica right after school ends to do my 4 month outreach everything is set in stone my ticket is rebooked for January 25th 2012 I will be living in a hostile at Christian Surfers ,my time there will be spent working in a Public Preschool , helping the Freeman family in whatever area they need, studying spanish and  child development ,getting mentored by the Freemans  and anything else that will come up . When I get there and the schedual is made out I will be posting it so everyone can know what I am doing and when and also know how  to pray for me . With only 2 weeks left of school the pressure is on please pray for my school as we have a couple of packed weeks  pray for health and rest . God is moving within my school and it is amazing to see lives transformed through him . All I can say is the faithfulness of God never ceases to amaze me. This school has been super tough for me the first 7 weeks I would question to myself every week of why I am am here what am I doing but the peace I have these pass few weeks have truly shown me that through tough times is when your relationship with God is truly growing and he uses our weaknesses to show his strength .  Please pray for me in my new jourey as another chapter of my lifes book is soon to be coming to a close and another one is going to be starting .  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment