Tuesday, September 20, 2011

week 12 the finale week !



The Finale week is here in my Children at Risk school ! Week 12 is here and the speaker was Phil Gazley and he spoke via skype on Refugees and Immigrants and his experience in working with the families and people he gave his knowledge of what to do in different situations and how when you want to work with them you need to form a team and decied who is going to lead the team who is going to do things like cook and all the things that come with team work he gave alot of statistics and and we watched a bunch of videos of what a situations looks like when people are refugees and immigrants. One thing was really difficult due to not having a teacher in front it was hard to understand everything that he was talking about but I did get out of it his passion for helping others and he has so much knowledge . This week was definanlty I would have to say the weirdest week in my CRS we astarted the week on Friday with 2 classes and then one on Saturday and then finsihed the week yesterday with 2 more classes what it would be like to be done with school I don't believe reality has hit yet. God has changed my life so much in this past 12 weeks looking over it has been super awesome realizing just how much God has opened my eyes to the needs around me to where I can know longer walk around with a blind eye to the needs we face . I just want to get out and make a difference in the world around me and change lives God has blessed me so much in my life and I in turn want to bless others. I want to be a empty vessel for the lord ready to be used and filled up in whatever way he desires he has become my stronge refugee a place I know I can always go to and be safe and enven when others turn against me he will never. I am so thankful to God for this oppertunity to have learned all this knowleged even thought right now after 12 weeks I feel like I could explode I would not change these tough amazing week for anything Plan are still underway to move to Jaco for my outreach I am leaveing either Sunday or Monday travleing with a friend who we will be rooming together I am super excited for what God has for me there . I will be writing blogs during my time but my plan is once i get to Jaco and get settled I will sit down and blog about the last 12 weeks a little summary of my life and what I will be doing in Jaco . Just so everyone knows in spanish the J is a H sound so Jaco actually sounds like Haco . Thank you everyone who has read my blogs i hope you all enjoy them and will continue to do so . Prayers are still needed for finances,health ,protection and for me to be a blessing in my time there in Jaco .

No comments:

Post a Comment