Monday, December 5, 2011

where is the love

Hey Everyone ,
Just another update to let you all know what has been going on in my life since my last update. So much has happened it's always hard to know where to start. I will start off with a little story and hope that I get it right a week ago Friday we decieded not to open the ramp and instead a couple people took some of the boys that we minister to surfing and while doing so one of the kids who is a homeless boy started shaking and well they ended up taking him to the clinic and found out he has dengey which is a virus from mostqutoes. we let him stay at the property until he was back on his feet a little but he is still under the weather pretty well this is just one of the many stories of what these kids face everyday he needs our prayers his name is Wnston and he is 16 years old . after 2 entense months of ministry I needed a break and i took a few days off and went to San Jose for some rest and also to go with someone for my visa run after a very refreshing 5 days of being at the base and going to Niguragua for my visa run and just hanging out with friends I came back to Jaco with a new vision and ready to face whatever comes .Sometimes it feels like I am on the front lines of the battle all alone and I have to remember that God is always here with me we are fighting and it´s a tough battle but with God on my side who can be against me. As we continue to spread the love of Christ to this place it is amazing to watch the tiny changes that take place it´s not like a bomb and it´s the small things that count. it´s seeing a Child that is so hardened to love and to be able to accept love have a smile on there face when you look at them it´s the joys of seeing the toughest kids attend church.Yesterday was our first Sunday morning service at my church and as I looked arounds over half the church was filled with children under the age of 13 and it just made me smile to think about how this town can be transformed if all of these kids continue to attend church and grow in the faith of Jesus and are healed of all there hurts I serve an amazing God who can do even this Jaco is being transforrmed one child at a time we see it all the time and I am so blessed to be apart of this ministry and to see the lord moving in this place. God continues to break my heart for what breaks his and it is amazing to live it out . Some prayer request direction for my next step as I persure coming back here for ministry nexts year finanual support and for stregth to continue on this mission God has placed me in for more love in a deeper way and for my spanish to improve . Thank you os much for your time and I pray that through my blogs you can grasp a little of what our lives here in Jaco Costa Rica look like .

No comments:

Post a Comment