Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hey Everyone ,
I sorry I am not so great with sending out updates my life here in Jaco is beyond busy I never no from one minute to the nexts what will happen but I love it and wouldn´t change it for anything So much has happen I don´t know where to begin I just want to give a shout out ot my awesome God who brought me to this place of peace and and joy even when everything around me seems to be turned upside down even when so many obstacles come my way I know I can always turn to my awesome creator in times of trouble and he will pull me through . I will often catch myself question why me how come I always end up in the middle of tough situations and then I realized it is only to make me fully rely on God and go to him for my strenth and not others when so many people are against what you are doing it´s tough but God has been my stronghold through it all and I can´t thank him enough for everything he has brought me through and will continue to do so.What my week has looked like it´s been a crazy one let me tell you we have a team here from Trinty Bible College out of Tampa Florida, and they are teaching Discipleship classes Monday Tuesday and Thursday for the next 3 weeks So I have been attending those makes me feel like I am back in Dts and it is so awesome getting to dig into Gods word with all of my friends. My evenings are filled with ramp time of hanging out with over 20 youth which encludes many laughs awesome talks pictures and just getting to know eachother I love it won´t change it for the world I am so blessed to have so many friends honesty more then I have ever had in my entire life. Besides that it has been the ¨normal¨ stuff ramp minstry which yesterday I open the ramp by myself and ended up with an entire ramp full over 15 boys all went well for doing it solo ;) Thankfully I have friends you are always willing to pitch in and help where ever it needs such as helping with cleanup or rounding all the kids up at the close of the night sometimes it can be a real challenge. It´s always such a joy to serve christ ministrying to Children, some might say oh that sounds easy or can it really be that affective I mean really all they do is skate well let me tell you here is the thing about our ministry and why we do it and how we do it . Jaco is faced with many tough issues and so much intense pain that giving the children a safe place to come to and spend time hanging out is just a little glimsp of joy in their day who knows what they have been going through at home . Working with Children is a tough job and with the children we work with the reward is sometimes unseen and it´s a different feeling at the end of the day then other ministry might be. You may not feel all warm and cuddley and you may not be able to say wow that was awesome or those kids really love me no sometimes it quiet the opposite at the end of the day you might say wow I feel like those kids hate me or wow well the day was tough but I am glad we got through it or man these kids really need love and that it our desirehere at La Ola minsitry to give them a safe place to come to and feel the love of christ through us as we play with them calm them down laugh with them and just take time to observe them. As I have reflected over the time I have spend here I realize this is what I have always wanted to do and just didn´t know it I knew I wanted to work with kids but I didn´t realize this was it until I started and I love it . God continues to amaze me through out all thing he continues to provide for me. Prayer request would be for continued health and rest finances and for more love and patients hope this will help give you all an insiste to what I am doing . I iwll be sharing my testimony of my time here in Jaco when I get home and showing pictures of the children . Thank you so much for your prayers I know I couldn´t do it without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment