Hey Everyone
I just wanted to update you all on my life and all that has since my last update .First of all I will just bullet point the happening an explain a little on each one to hopefully make it easy to understand.
Ramp ministy
Discipleship classes
Ministry in daily living
ie
Alright so here is how RAMP MINISTRY works everyday from 2-6 we open up our ministry property gate for anyone needed a safe place to come away from any form of temptations that faces the youth an children and adults here in Jaco The family that I am working here with started this ministry last April because they heart have a for kids and want to make a difference in there life giving them a hope and purpose. well they have never advertised or anything it has always been by word of mouth and they have always had lots of kids show up on any day we can average 5 to 25 kids here at a time.Well with the holidays and all we were having less and less kids which is never a problem being that Jesus would have died even if there had been only one person so even if only 1 or 2 kids show up they need love just as much or more then 25 kids do . We ended up making fliers a few months back to invite kids and also so parents would know for sure what their kids were doing but we never got around to handing them out. On Monday we finally had some time so we took the opportunity to go invite kids so we went into this one neighborhood which is just one of the many super poor parts and that afternoon we had over 20 kids all under the age of 13 can you say crazy? lol but it was awesome as well because a few of the moms also showed up bringing there kids and hanging out . God is truly blessing this ministry and it is such an amazing blessing to be apart of it.
DISCIPLESHIP CLASSES : The first weekend in Dec we had a team from Trinity Bible college out of Tampa Florida come to minister here in Jaco for a month they gave classes for the month every Mon,Tues,Thurs just sharing their testimonies and just coming here and giving encouragement to all of the youth here who need it so bad giving them counsel and just being there for them and I had a blessing of being apart of it helping out sitting in all the classes and just seeking counsel from other godly young people who are fully sold out for the lord and wanting to help others do the same. On Sunday they did a free concert in the Park with 2 of the guys rapping and they also invited other dancers to come out and share the love of Jesus to the town of Jaco. It was amazing to be standing in the same park that is used as a place where all the prostitutes will walk by where all the taxi are line up ever night ready to be of service for the girls and instead even with all that still happening to be worshiping our lord.
Daily Life in Ministry:
Everyday is ministry whether it looks like it or not everything you do reflects who you are and what you are living for from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed people are and will be watching you and making assumptions on your actions. There is this saying; Only one life will soon be past only whats done for Christ will last. it doesn't matter who you are or what you have done at the end of life the only thing that will matter is if you lived your life for the lord and followed his commands and one of those commands is to preach the gospel to the lost an to spread his love to the nations Isaiah 1:17 we are commanded to learn to do good seek justice help the oppressed defend the cause of the orphans and fight for the rights of the widows. it doesn't say if you want to or feel like it or if you have time to it tells us we have to with no options. We all at one point or another were lost and only by Gods grace are we saved not of our self but the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. The ministry we do here at La Ola Jaco is a tough ministry and we may not always see fruit but by loving on the kids and letting them know that they are special and that they have a purpose and God has a plan for them that he love them and that is what they really need to hear so even at the end of the day when we are tired and ready for some chill time we are always to know that we can make a difference in their lives giving them a sense of hope and just showing them that the can do whatever they put their minds to do.
I am so sad to admit this but as I realize I only have 2 more weeks left in this amazing place that I have had the privilege of ministering in and serving the lord in whatever he wants the pain is to much the thought of leaving my friends, my home, my church and the ministry is to much and I just don't want to think about it I have been so blessed by everyone here it hurts to know that my time is so short to think of leaving this beautiful beach town of Jaco which has been my home for almost 4 months to leave this beautiful country of Costa Rica which has been my home for almost 7 months is over whelming. Yes I of course want to see my family and friends back in the states but that doesn't mean it makes it any easier. Lord willing I will be returning in April for long term to continue on helping with the ministry at La Ola and working with Radical which is my home church here in Jaco helping with the youth and also joining the worship band as on Sunday all of us youth were just worshiping after church and I was up front just having fun singing in the microphone as I have missed being on the youth group band that I did over 3 years ago , the worship director was sitting there listening and he heard me singing and said I want you to join the team which was so awesome and yet shocking that I didn't even know how to respond,God has blessed my time so much here I am just so grateful to him for bringing me to this place of complete peace where I have found what it is I want to do with my life and that is to blessed and help others serving Christ in the church and in everyday .Thank you so much for your prayers and please keep them coming and consider helping me out so I can come back here as soon as possible I will be flying back to the states on the 25th and will be sharing my experiment and also sending out support letters and fundraising along with hanging out with my family and friends. Please also pray for me as the goodbyes are going to be tough and I will need the lords strength to get me through . Thank you and God bless sincerely in his service Aimee
No comments:
Post a Comment