Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 3 Applying the Spheres

Ok here goes another week come and gone already . This week from Monday-Wednesday the speaker was Colleen Milstein and she spoke via skype on applying the Spheres There are 8 influences of spheres the easiest way to remember them are by just remembering the first letters of the alphabet .: Art ,Business (or economy) ,Communications (or media) Discovery (for science and technology ) Education, Family Government and Holiness (for church) The teaching this week through skype was a little harder for me to understand just because I have a harder time following along if I don't have a teacher up front . I really enjoyed her teaching and her view on Orphanages and how yes not all of them are bad but it is not the ideal place for children if there are family or friends that can look after them. A good quote she gave was what a child needs to develop fully emotionally physically and intellectually is secure attachment with one caring adult . Another thing is a role of the family is to nurture and to bring out the childs gifting and to love with unconditional love .love is a choice and it may not always happen over night you have to choose everyday to love even in the difficult times .One of the biggest things I was challenged with this week as of all the weeks is that I just want to get out and serve I want to make a difference in the lives of Children , I have always considered working in an orphanage giving them the love they need even though I don't feel it is the best place for a child if that is a last resort then defiantly . Another thing I am continually being reminded and challenged on is how much education is a key in living and how I really truly want to get all I can out of these teachings so I can better understand and go out and educate others on the issues we face . One of the things she said that stuck out to me is how us Christians are suppose to be the hands and feet for the world we are suppose to be out spreading the good news of Christ all over even in the worst places the scariest the darkest places and this week has challenge me to the point where I want to go to the darkest places and spread Christ love. Her teaching has challenge me in more ways then not I am blown away everyday as I hear all the issues our world faces and I am ready to go out and make a difference I am ready to stop sitting around in my little comfort place where in my own little world everything is perfect I am ready to face reality and realize that the world is one messed up place and us Christians need to take up the challenge and get out and make a difference we need to stop sitting around pointing fingers at others to go and go out and serve ourselves .

No comments:

Post a Comment