Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blog week 7

I have now been in Costa Rica for 9 weeks and we just finished our 7th week in my Children at Risk school this week the the speaker was Ro Potter she is from the states and works with the Women and Childrens  avocacy center and she spoke on Human Tafficking annd the different type of trafficking which are Child soldier, forced labour ,trickery by fraud ,sex trafficking .   This week was truly an aweness week for me we heard so many stories of gilrs getting trafficked the one that shocked me the most was the trickery by fraid how girls will be trick into thinking they are signing up for a photo shoot when in reality they are in the end actually being tricked into being trafficked so by the time they realize what has happened it is to late and we were given a bunch of things to help us look out for traffickers the signs of what it might look like this week was very interesting to me and hard i just sat through each day of class and had so many questions going through my head of what makes guys treat girls so horribly? what got them to this point ? we watch a video called Fields of Mudan and it is about young girls who were sold at as young of age as 7 and it  so hard to realize what so many girls go through day in and day out . Before going through this week I had heard about like forced labor but I had never realized that it was trafficking I didn't really know a whole lot about it I mean I had heard of prostitution before but I didn't realize just how common trafficking was and definatly did not realize jsut how horrible it was while going through this week I  was like I so glad to be learning about this just to make me aware of the need around me but I was not really interested as far as working with it but by the end of the week I am now thinking of how I just want to go and talk about the issue to make teens aware of the issue so we can stop  this horrible action . Listening to what girls go through just made me so sad I just had to question how the Madoms and Pimps can do this what they must have gone through to get to the place they are in that that can treat young girls so horrible and not even have a consciene about it .I jst have to wonder how they got so hard ? I have realized more and more since this week how money is the root of all evil and it just horriflies me to think that after  the young girls are sold into human trafficking how all their rights are stripped and how like they think they are going to get an awesome job where they will have great money and as soon as they get to the brothels they end up with nothing and they end up in debt which they can never pay off because they never see any of the money they make even though they are making tons the pimps never let them see any and they are not allowed to pick any of their clothe thay are bought for them it just makes me think they are treated worse then animals we wouldn't treat our  animals like this. On Sat I went to Mero Ministies which is a ministry working with children and it's always such a joy to be around kids and to just love of them but at the same time it is so hard to see thier living conditions and how they ive on a normal day I fell in love with tihs little girl named Melanie she is about 2 years old and ever week I  go she always comes running up to me with the biggest smile and will pretty much hang with me the entire time well on Sat she just clung to me and just snuggled right into me which just bought pure joy to my heart it was so sad knowing that it was my last Sat to go . God has truly been giving me a love like his and continues through out the weeks to break my heart for what breaks his . My plans for going to Zimbabwe are still coming along  which means i need tons of prayer and also financial support I know who owns the cattle on a thousand his and that he will provide what I need I have faith that it will all happen in his time  please join me in prayer about this .

No comments:

Post a Comment