Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 5

God is Amazing we have already completed week 5 of school this is some crazy stuff let me tell you God is moving and molding me more and more and more into his image . This week the speaker was Scott Freeman he spoke on the character and Nature of God he is a great speaker and just made things so interesting and easy to understand and just kept everything going with his many stories and testimonies we were able to take 2 of the 5 days and spend them outside the classroom one day we went to the salvation army to pray and help out in whatever, I volunteered to stay behind and help go through clothes that were donated to the homeless which was hard because as I was going through the clothes sorting them I just had to sit and think these clothes are peoples clothes that are out of style we would never think to wear them and here who ever is going to get them are going to be super thankful because who knows it might be their only nice outfit and then after a little while of sorting clothes we went to help out with sorting shoes they had bags of shoes that were also donated and some didn’t have pairs  but we put shoes together that were close enough ones that looked alike or whatever it just really opened my eyes up to the fact that we are so completely spoiled with out 5 pairs of shoes and who know the person who gets the pair of shoes that don’t match it might be their only pair or even their first pair it just so sad how we always think we need so much and there are people out in the world who have nothing they sleep on the side of the road and the only outfit they have is the one on there backs ,God has been showing me so much opening my eyes up to the things I didn’t want to notice before the needs around us my heart is broken over the needs the world faces I am just so thankful for this opportunity and that God chose me to be apart of his plan and to learn the needs so I can go out and make a difference we also were able to go to the park here in Costa Rica and spend a day out in nature just spending some alone time with God and seeing what he will show us through his nature as I was walking around the park just looking and being in awe of the beauty I went over to a tree and looked down and there were some leaves with white spots on them I had never seen anything like it before and it was so awesome because all these past 6 weeks of me being in Costa Rica I have had many thoughts of why am I am what is my purpose because school is so hard and the topics are so heart breaking and it’s just been super rough for me and I have at times just wanted to go home ,but God in his faithfulness kept me going and through an awesome relaxing weekend that took me with a few others to a beach a few hours away from San Jose he just started revealing himself to me in a whole new way and started showing me again who I was in him and that I did have a purpose for being here and that he was with me even in the hard time and well back to the leaves as I looked at them they just portrayed my life so much because I looked at a very tiny green leaf not a spot of white on it and it was like me before Christ just a blah leaf and then I picked up another tiny leaf and it surprisingly had just one tiny speck of white on it and I reminded me of when I first let Christ into my life he started making me white and then there was a bigger leaf and that had lot of white spots and it just reminded me of all the times I let Christ fill me up he was cleaning out all the garbage from my past and making me white and free of everything and finally a even bigger leaf that was almost completely covered in white spot was just a reminder that the more I continue to let Christ in my life and let him fill me up the whiter my heart becomes and the freer I am in him. I am continually being amazed at God love for me he continues to show me how much I mean to him and that he has a big plan for my life . The more I let him come in and change me and mold into his likeness the bigger be becomes in my life and sometimes even though I may feel like the shoes that we were pairing up that weren’t exactly pairs but we put them together because they would still full fill the purpose whether they matched or not that is the same in our Christian life even though we don’t think we can full fill Gods plan for our lives we need to let God pair us up with whatever he knows best and he will full fill our calling just like a pair of unmatched shoes will protect some ones feet all we have to do is be willing to let God lead us and guide us and he will go before us and help us along even in the rough patches of life even when we feel incapable of our calling God knows best ,One thing I though was really cool about this week was he told us even when we don’t have the faith miracle still happen .another quote he gave that really opened my eyes up was “Kindness has converted more sinners then zeal eloquence or learning” One thing I am learning is God id big enough and God is good enough . God uses us even when we don’t want to just like Jonah didn’t want to go tell Nineveh that it would be destroyed if they didn’t repent he didn’t want to go because he new that it would changed and well God still used him in his unwillingness to change a city , it’s just so much easier when we are willing to do what God wants us to do then when we do it grudgingly . God is bigger then our faith ,What God is looking for is truly repentant hearts people who are willing to do whatever he ask of us with obedience. This week changed my life and I am just so blessed to be a pair of unmatched shoes for Christ . I am so thankful for the opportunities we had this week to learn about his character and to realize just how much I still have to learn and just how good God is and how great of love he has for us . I went into this week with a lot of questions and I came out of this week with God answering them all he showed me so much and is continually revealing himself in a brand new way .

No comments:

Post a Comment