I am a follower of Christ through him I want to make a difference in the world.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
week 6
The week the Speaker was Lance Rawlins who is originally from South Africa But is living in the state working with Women’s and Children Advocate Center , He spoke on Project planning which I really enjoyed since I am not a planner by nature it help me better understand how to plan . One thing that really stuck out to me was something that is defiantly only common sense but sometimes I forget is that in order to get to point B we must start at point A we can not think we can just end up at point B and I realized well I am not even at point A for the project I am interested in working with I need to do a lot of research before I can actually start planning but that is all part of it . Before we step out and go full fledge in a ministry we need to research and we need to get to know the culture of the place we want to minister at, so we can finish the work . Another thing that stuck out to me is to make sure when we go out into a nation we get to know the people and understand their culture and we can not just go into a place and start anything we need to first see what is happening what has work and what hasn’t work so we don’t start something and have it fail due to lack of research . When going into a place we need to go with a servants attitude and to be willing to do whatever needs to be done before we can ever start any project Something I need to ask myself is what do I need to do to accomplish my goal . This week truly inspirited me and just got my mind all fired up . J Also going to Metro this week really just got me thinking about Children and how they need hope as I sat and watch them they are starved for affection and love yes their parents love them but in only a way that they know how . God is truly everyday giving me more and more love for the lost and realizing just how much we need to give people hope of Jesus Christ .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment