I am a follower of Christ through him I want to make a difference in the world.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Week 8
Whew what a crazy time it has been I have been in Costa Rica 10 weeks they have had there ups and downs but God continues to shine his faithfulness in my life and he never lets me down. This week was different then the normal weeks that we have been having normally our weeks consist of staying at the YWAM base having our normal weekly schedual of class, work duties and whatever else comes up along the way. This week however my Children at Risk school took a 2 and a half hour bus ride to Jaco a small beach town here in Costa Rica where we had class at a place called Christians surffers where we stay in a hostile on the property and had class under a shelter that they use for their ministery , The speaker was Leslie Freeman a wife mother of 4 aborable little boys and she spoke on Child Development which I have to say in the first day of teaching I was blown away. In all the times I have worked with kids I never realized how the best thing I can have with children is a good relationship and getting down on their level and talking to them making them feel like they are just as important as an adult and how it works better rather then just telling them what to do and how to do to get on their level and to discuss on their level the reasons why we do and don't do certain thinks rather then just sayit is because I told you so. God just really started showing me that I need more patients and love when it comes to working with children and even adults love is the key in any in any relationship . basically my whole consept of working with children was changed and it was amazing. God has truly gifted Leslie with the gift of patients and I was blessed so much by her honesty and openness to us about how she is not perfect and doesn't claim to have it all put together but it is her hearts desire to love and train her children in the ways of the lord and even though she doen't have it all together she is still willing to teach us . This week new and excited things started to progess for me and I know I stated in my last blog about my outreach plan to go to Zimbabwe, well plans have changed for the good. We have 4 weeks left of school and after that I am moving to Jaco to help Scott and Leslie Freeman with their Skate boarding ministry that they have ministering to the children and teens just letting them come in and skate and having fun projects for them and basically just being there and loving on the children, and I will also be helping them with their children and just to be of service to them I am also going to be with Leslies help researching Child Development and also learning spanish. Basically in my outreach I am going in with servants heart willing to do whatever the lord leads me to . My prayer requests would be that God would give me more patients and love and that he would provide the funding I need to there and he would provide devine oppertunties for me to do ministries there and that most impotantly that I would continue to grow in my relationship with the lord and with others .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment