Sunday, October 2, 2011

A new adventer of my life !

Alrighty everyone , I am going to in as  few of  words as possible give you the run down of my last 3 months and what is ahead of me .alright to start off on June 24th I set off on this amazing adventure not knowing my adventure would start right then after flying out of Chicago O'hare at 3:10 pm  my flight was suppose to arrive in Miami at 7:20 pm well we did not arrive until a half and hour later Not knowing it I rush out of the plane racing  inside  the place asking everyone in sight where my gate is trying to keep my 2 carry ons from falling as I race everywhere finally I get to my gate only to discover that I was to late and it had taken off only 10 minutes before I arrived . :( After a very long day this was not what I had anticipated and I was sad and confused it was my first time flying out of country and I had know idea what to do nexts. So I go to the front counter and explain what happened and they tell me I have to go in the rebooking line so they point me in the right direction well I go there hoping it will be easy only to find out there are 200 plus people ahead of me and more coming , I start to freak out when I realize that it is already 8 and I was suppose to be arriving in San Jose so my ride  might be waiting for me so I get out of line and decied well I better go buy a phone card and see if I can get a hold  of my family, after buying a card it didn't work but God placed these 2 guys in my life at the perfect time asked what had happened and let me use their phone to make my call. well I finally got ahold of my parents and they got ahold of my leader and I went back to get in line to wait to rebook my ticket by this time about 50-100 more people had arrived after standing in line exhausted and so hungry again God places a random stranger in my life and I see her step out of line and go buy soup soon she come back carring 2 bowl not really thinking about it continue to wait in line pretty soon I feel a tap on my shoulder and here come the sweet lady with the soup and gives it to me of course my reaction was a bit unfriendly because I didn't know if I should take food from a stranger or not but she was persistend and so finally I took the soup and continued to wait  well by the time I  got to the rebooking ticket counter the nexts flight didn't leave until 12:05 pm the nexts day well at this point there was nothing I could do but wait so I sat down and ate the soup and the only thought I could think of was who ever gives a cup of cold water in my name shall be blessed this lady was a tru angel sent by God. it is now after 10 pm and I am all alone in an airport so I ask them if I can go sit at my gate until I fly out and well thats what happen I go find my gate and chill out for the night having been awake since 6 am I am tired hungry and annoyed to be honest so I decied to treat myself and buy internet since well I had all night and for $8 got 24 hours of internet so I get on and talk to my school leader until 2 am so cool and then I deciede I need to sleep so I find a place to sack out across my luggage on the cold floor after a struggle to sleep with so many lights on and listening to the sound of someone vaccuming I finally dozed off only to be awoken soon after.  I awake to people getting off the plane thinking it was morning I get up stick my contacts in and go check my facebook only to find out it is only 3 am so I had only been sleeping for 1 hour .lol well after that I was like ok no more sleep for me so much commotion I just sat around for another 4 hours or so and then well only to realize I was not at the right gate anymore so I go find what I believe is to be the right one sit there trying to keep my eyes open and finally I doze off again for a little bit I awake to them boarding the plane and well come to find out yet again I was at the wrong gate and this plane was boarding to go to Chicago haha well again I run to find the right gate and lo and behold finally 3 gates later I am at the right one and sit there for another few hours 16 plus hours later I am finally boarding my plane to San Jose Costa Rica a couple hours later I land in the beautiful country never was I so happy to be somewhere after getting of the plane and going through costums and getting stamped into the country I am off to find my luggage hoping and praying it did not get lost along the way I go to the luggage place and all the luggage is being set off and my luggage is know where to be seen looking around  I spot what I think is mine but nope not a chance the guy ask me what I am looking for and I say my luggage and he is like oh it is over there by the desk and yup there it was safe and sound and set aside for me why and how they new it was mine was beyond me but I was just happy to have it back . so I grab my stuff and head out the door hoping someone is waiting for me sure enough 2 of my leaders are standing there but after going so long with out a good sleep I am completly out of it and don't notice them until they call my name . I look and feel like  zombie dirty and so ready for a shower and a bed after traveling sleeping and wearing the same clothes for 2 days it's just gross .So ater loading up we head off to the base which was going to be my home for the nexts 3 months! stopping for a quick break at AmPm a little store I meet my school leader for the first time in person after talking over facebook for 8 months ! We then head off to my new home the YWAM base ! I am shown to my room which by the way I have to say was absolutly amazing so big and perfect it was a little apartment yes I new I was going to share but being the first student tp arrive I had first dibs on the beds and I choose to sleep in the big room . :) well the other one was a little smaller and had 3 bunkbed apose to mine only having one the nice part about the little room was it was more private because in order to get to that room you first have to walk through mine but I still like the big room better . ok small detail but worth sharing after Rachel my school leader led me around the base showing me where everything was and I showered we then hung out at her place and then went to watch a soccer game it was a perfect welcome night needless to say going over 48 hours with out sleep with maybe a few times dozing off when I went to bed that night I crashed. I woke up the nexts morning to meet one of my classmates Hannah .afew day later more students arrived and on July 1st all students were there a total of 6 girls and 2 guys ! we had our orientation and Welcome dinner that night also with the dts that was starting with a total of 7 girls and 6 guys making a grand total of 21 students setting out on a journey to know God and to make him  know in a better way .It's awesome to see so many young people ready and excited to seek the face of our awesome saviour Jesus Christ . July 4th started my school off with a big bang and know to warn me what I was getting my self into first week topic was foundations for why we are here yes tons of  awesome info by the end of the week I knew this was going to be tough that God was going to pull me away from all my comforts and he was going to rip every comfort out of my life during the nexts 12 weeks ready or not here I was there was no turning back at that point . week 2 inner healing you might sit and ask yourself what is that well lets just say the name should explain it all healing from the inside out and oh yes thank the lord he healed me of so much it was painful but so awesome . Week three Applying the spheres alot more awesome info that makes your brain feel like it can't take anymore info but we aren't done yet . Week 4  Behaviour Managment  the topic explains it's selve I believe . Week 5 a great week where again God is stretching me . Charactor and Nature of God it was a great week . Week 6 we are half way done ! Project planning so cool :) Week 7 we take a mini week trip to the beautiful town of Jaco Costa Rica a beach town to say the least we had a week on Child Development and this is the turning point in my life this is where God told me what my mission was . Week 8 Human Trafficking a very intense week to say the least . week 9 a crazy week with monday being on Children with disabilities and Tuesday being on attachment disorders Wed was learning about foster care and Thursday worship ! Friday base cleaning day . week 10 Street Children . week 11 Celebrating Children and week 12 Refugees and Immigrants whew we are done . So much has happened in the past 12 weeks but of course  I will not bore anyone with it all I will just pick out the highlights and say during the past 12 weeks God has truly broken my heart for what breaks his he had to rip out all the comforts in my life to help me better understand what the world is facing and showing me ways to help ! This school changed my life for the better I can no longer walk around with a blind eye to the needs kids face today no longer can I sit back and pertend everything is ok no longer am I innocent to the issues. What the world needs is  Jesus and I am his hands and feet in spreading the love across the world. God has and is continuing to show me his faithfulness and his unfailing  love  . He is my true source of  help I know I can run to him with anything and he will never let me down . He has brought me through the thick and the thin he was willing to take the horrible death on the cross for me I am not worthy of his love but yet he chose to love me 100 % the way I am with no strings attached and that is how I want my love for other to be I want to be more like Jesus serving and helping others without expecting anything in return . Jesus is so much more real to me then ever before he brought me out of the Miry clay and set me feet upon solid ground I can now sit back knowing he has everything under control and he has my life planned out for me an d I can trust him knowing he is in control and that is the way it is suppose to be .He palced the perfect people in my life and with so many prayers going around for me I am a new person the old is gone and the new is come . OK you might all be wondering whats next well a week ago today I moved to Jaco Costa Rica to work with Scott and Leslie Freeman serving their family and ministering to the many at risk children and youth here. After a weeks vaccation I believe I am ready to step out in this time with both feet I am ready to get my hands dirty for the kindom of heaven I am ready to see lives changed and this place that is so dark with such  horrible issues like homelessness and  prostitution and so much more this place needs Jesus please join with me in prayer for my next 4 months I am excited for my time here  as it I am sure is going to have it's rough patches but those are the times of growing . as I learned during my school . Pray for me for finances ,health and for my heart and hands to be open to all that God has instore for me in the nexts 4 months and more. My life in a nutshell. Praising God for his wonderful loving kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment