Hey Everyone I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything time just keeps getting away from me and on top of that my computer is slowing dying on me so here goes another exciting update from Jaco ! I have been in Jaco one month yesterday and loving it just as much as Much as I did the first day I got here I am adjusted well and we are diving right into the race here it was a 3 weeks of alittle craziness going on with so many obstacles that came up along the way but it was all part of the plan of God. We have now step into full time ramp ministry with both feet it's been awesome as we are now in the flow of it all how many kids continue to keep coming everyday it's fun to watch the kids and watch as their inner creativty continues to blossom. Ramp ministry is always the highlight of my day and night as most nights we have youth here skating I have been going to inglsia y Radical which is an amazing church the sevice is Friday and Sat night at 7 and youth group Sat at 4 so I have been going there which is super cool to get to hang out with the youth on a everyday basis and then also attend the same church as them. God is continuing each day to break my heart for what breaks his he continues to let me give people the benifit of doubt rather then jugde them right off. The more I hang out with these youth the more pain I see in there eyes and the more I just want to love them and help them.So many times I see teenagers acting out like little kids and of course my first reaction is to right them off and be like they are so stupid or they need to get a life what's their problem but as I take a step back and look at the big picture I realize this is the pain coming out this stems from not having a great childhood or well sadly in most of these cases not having one at all. The pain they feel comes out in different ways some want to be tough and others just like to terrorize others and some don't know how to express it at all. I didn't think I even had this much love to keep pouring out but God in his faithfulness never ceases to stop giving it to me . The thing this town needs prayer for is
1. poverty
2. prostitution
3. drugs
4. homelessness
5.street kids
and so much more this town needs Jesus and I want to be a light for Jesus in this dark place where so much evil is all around so please could you stand with me in prayer for these issues that face this place daily these are the things that go on around for this is the reason why I love what I do so much and choose to live in this place away from all the comforts of home,this is my home and I love it I want to see the town of Jaco change I want to see Jesus high and lifted up in this place. I want to make a difference in this place. Jesus is their only hope here in this place of hoplessness as I walk outside my gate of where I live know matter what time of day you will see guys just sitting around drinking all day and all night you will see kids just riding around or walking around at all hours. Alot of the kids will drop out of school because they don't understand or have the books or papper . so many kids are teens and still in 6th grade or less these kids need our prayer . Thank you for your time please pray and consider supporting me in my time here as I minister to this kids and youth and as I be a light in their dark lifes please pray that I would continue to pour out love to them even in the most difficult stiuations.
No comments:
Post a Comment